Kari Loomis honors thesis seminar
Librarian does workshop on library research.
We do Bradford assay lab:
Explain Bradford assay.
Add some Bradford reagent to some BSA - Ask how much protein?
Need standards to compare to!
- Bradford concentrate from Bio-Rad 500-0006
- dilute 1:4 with water
- Make BSA solution 0.1 mg/mL (dilute from the test 2 m/mL test solution
- Students share a plate:
- one uses top row
- one uses bottom row
- write a program on PS2
- Make a 2-fold dilution series of the BSA
- 0.5 mL water in each tube (except the first)
- 1 mL BSA into first tube
- .5 mL to next tube, mix, transfer to next, etc.
- Put 160 uL BSA into each well
- put 160 uL water in one well. (Why?)
- Add 40 uL Bradford
- Read plate
- Stupid Excel Tricks
- Art of the standard curve
- Make your own std curve.
- How would you estimate the concentration of protein in a solution that had an Abs of:
- Printer-friendly version
- Log in to post comments