- STLC Sigma 164739 (Fisher 50-703-1833), MW = 363.47
(+)-S-Trityl-L-cysteine is a cell-permeable selective inhibitor of mitotic kinesin Eg5 and ATPase activities.
KIF11 (also known as kinesin-5 and Eg5) is a homotetramer which cross-links anti-parallel microtubules in the mitotic spindle to maintain spindle bipolarity. The motor domain or motor head is at the N-terminus and performs ATP hydrolysis and binds to microtubules. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinesin_family_member_11)
Make 100 mM stock:
- 1 g in bottle.
- Mix with 27.5 mL DMSO
- heat to 65C (~10 min), vortex
- if necessary, filter sterilize to remove insoluble particles.
- save as 1 mL aliquots in freezer. (dilute 1:10,000 to use) (dilute 1:100 to make 1 mM)
Make 1 mM stock from the 100 mM stock
- 10 µL 1mM stock
- 990 µL DMSO
- it will crystallize in the refrigerator. Warm (60C) and vortex to redissolve it. DO NOT LEAVE IN HOT BLOCK - IT WILL TURN BLACK!
Make 10 µL aliquots of 1 mM stock. Freeze
- label says to add 990 µL medium to make 10 µM working solution