Potassium Ionophore, MW: 1111.32
Insoluble in water
stock is 10 mg/mL in DMSO
- cyclododecadepsi-peptide ionophore antibiotic.
- potassium ionophore that transports K+ across biological and artificial lipid membranes.
- can induce K conductivity in cell membranes
- uncouples oxidative phosphorylation,
- induces apoptosis in murine thymocytes, and in pre-B cell.
- inhibits NGF-induced neuronal differentiation
- antagonizes ET-induced vasoconstriction.
- Useful in studies of K transport in mitochondria.