ALGINIC ACID SODIUM SALT 5G
Fisher 177770050 $22.41
(Can get 100g from Sigma for $55, but with long lead time)
The following is from Sigma:
Alginic acid sodium is a gelling and nontoxic anionic polysaccharide. The carboxylic acid groups on the alginic acid chain, renders it insoluble in water.However, converting alginic acid to its sodium form, enables it to solubilize in water easily.
Alginic acid sodium is used:
- in combination with chitosan, to fabricate a biodegradable porous scaffold for bone tissue engineering.
- to study the characteristics of a modified amphiphilic alginate derivative
- to the study the impact of alginate on the rate of lipid digestion by employing an in vitro digestion model
- in the preparation of alginate hydrogels
- as encapsulating agents of microparticles of β-galactosidae